Vol. 44 Nbr. 7, March - March 2014
> SIGN UP FREE
- Dr. King on a grand stage.
- Sports biz Q&A: Grant Hill.
- Techies hack it out.
- Workplace wellness.
- Advice for athletes: invest in your future, not your fame.
- What playing the game will teach you about business.
- Rebrand, rebuild, and recharge your business: how this be 100s CEO got a new lease on life with a frozen yogurt cafe.
- Goodbye to the traditional office.
- Transitioning from hobbyist to entrepreneur: teen designer creates custom and handmade jewelry for the everyday diva.
- Is your business disaster proof? How to keep your company up and running even after an emergency.
- SBA disaster loans.
- Where the opportunities are in commercial real estate: an aging population, immigration, and domestic oil and gas industries to drive growth.
- Marching orders for your finances: review of certified financial planner Jeff Rose's new book, Soldier of Finance.
- Protect yourself in the event of a data breach.
- Spelman College SpelBots take robotics by storm: all-female, African American, undergraduate team explores robotics and computer science.
- Tech use among African Americans.
- Software updates.
- Taking a step back to move forward: to enhance her marketability, a business strategist shutters her business and returns to a 9-to-5.
- Ok, so it is personal. Now what?
- An intimate operation.
- Budgeting for success: careful money management allowed former football player Michael Jackson to start his dream business.
- Everybody gets e job: the CEO of a global technology firm steps up corporate giving by training, then hiring trainees--offering a brand-new solution for finding talent.
- Surviving sequestration: stalled by the political climate, SENTEL Corp. execs look to resume growth.
- Business breakthroughs by the editors.
- The Haitian connection: how one entrepreneur is helping to redevelop the island nation.
- The money of Mayweather: boxing's undisputed champ headlines our list of the most influential in sports.
- Fashion details: an African entrepreneur pursues the American dream.